Tuesday 6 September 2011

Drawing Warm Up Exercises

I wouldn't necessarily say that doing these warm up exercises are a challenge as such, but I am wanting to find out if it does actually make a difference when I come to sit down to drawing at some point afterwards throughout the day.

I will do this every morning when I wake up (except for day one, where I will complete it now as I am wanting to get started with it). I will set my times for 15 minutes and just sit and basically doodle and scribble until the time is up, ensuring I use my hand in a variety of ways and positions.

Day One
Here are my drawing exercise sheets of paper from the first day:

<images of exercise sheets here>


When I started doing it, I thought I had to rush to get it done, so I started by scribbling really fast but then when I looked at the remaining time and saw there had only been a minute gone and another 14 to go, I soon realised I could take a bit more time with what I was doing. The first few minutes felt a little pointless if I'm honest as I was literally just sat scribbling, but once I started to use my hand in different positions and ways it started to feel a little more beneficial. Also, by the end of the 15 minutes of constant none stop scribbling I felt my arm starting to get a little achey, but I'm guessing that can only be a good thing as it means I got the muscles working properly.

Day Two
Day two.

I didn't find todays exercise to be beneficial really as I found myself thinking about what I was doing a lot more rather than just doing it. I need to get myself to just go for it and not think about the marks that I'm making on the page - I will attempt this in tomorrows exercise. Also, I got an achy arm again after the first 10 minutes.

Day Three
Day three.

Day Four
Day four.

Day Five
Day five.

Day Six
Day six.

Day Seven
Day seven.

Day Eight
Day eight.

Day Nine
Day nine.

Day Ten
Day ten.

Day Eleven
Day evelen.

Day Twelve
Day twelve.

Day Thirteen
Day thirteen.

Day Fourteen
Day fourteen.

No comments:

Post a Comment